Family

Family

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New beginnings...

"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." — Ralph Waldo Emerson

OK. So I'll admit I've been a total blogging slacker, but in my defense, I've been trying to fix some technical issues that I finally resolved tonight! - It's an omen that means it'll be a great new year! ;)

I've been reflecting on 2009 for most of the day. Hmmm...how to put it without sounding whiny????....it was TOUGH.
I understand that there is no faster, more thorough way to gain knowledge and insight than through adversity, so I am very thankful for all that has passed.
...AND I'm hoping 2010 is nicer and brighter.
Since my last post (which literally makes my stomach turn everytime I look at the pictures of my gramps and Clinton) life has been a little smoother. Clint went back to work with Transystems (his winter-time driving job) and he loves it. I'm hoping he can soon find a family friendly driving job and be able to do what he loves to do full-time, year-round. We've been VERY blessed to have his brother who employes him in his off season months, there's no way we could have made it this past year without that blessing as well. Plus, what's more fun than hanging with his brothers all day??
I started up the Fall semester with guard again in August. My beloved instructor is leaving next year to pursue her dream of opening a bakery, so she deemed me future ISU Color Guard Instructor. Big shoes to fill?- Check. Honored?- Check. More pay?- Check! Intimidated and Nervous?- Double Check. I get to begin next week in preparation for next Fall. Wish me luck...
Fall is always the busiest time for me, Guard takes up a huge amount of time and full-time school just about drains me. But, this semester I got to add 50 training hours for a Special Ed. course, and a guitar course that was BRUTAL. At first, I tried really hard to keep up, but something had to give in the end and that was it. Guitar theory and notation will have to wait for another time... ;)
The volunteer/training time was fun -hard to schedule, but really, really fun. Once again, I feel completely assured in the career path I have chosen. There is no better way to spend life than with those who are so inspiring, it makes me teary just thinking about it. I can't wait.
The kids have had a good semester too, Cara started up school this year *tear* - I couldn't be too sad though, because that girl is MEANT for school. She eats it up, she's working everyday at home to learn to read. She AND Clinton get almost crazy about it. They ask how to spell words all day long and practice on their well-worn dry erase boards at night. I'm so proud of their diligence and eagerness to learn. I hope they keep that trait fresh within them.
Clinton's leg has really started to bother him, so we got a new removable cast made that sturdies and stretches his foot and leg. It's helped, coupled with his new "U" shaped rice heat bag, he's seemed to have found a way to lessen his pain. The cold weather is always the worst, so his teachers have been so lovely and allowed him to stay inside on those icy days. I couldn't be more thankful for the teachers he's had. So. So. Blessed.

That's life in a nutshell. I have many more pictures to post, but I'm on the wrong computer currently- so I'm hoping to get that done and just have a big-picture-schmorgashboorg next week.

Praying for the Happiest-Healthiest-Best Lived Year yet! YAY 2010!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great update! I have missed you in the blogging world, but am content with what I get on FB. Hope your 2010 goes smoothly for you.

Willis Family said...

You are such an optimistic person! It is contagious! Thanks for always being so upbeat! It sounds like you had a crazy and busy year! I hope you have a fabulous 2010!!

Karianne said...

Hey! Glad to hear from you again. I realized though that I don't have your email address so I can't add you to my blog list. Can you send it to me? b_perrenoud at msn dot com. Thanks and happy New Year!

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Wow... lots has happened. Im so excited for you and the new gaurd postion. That iwll be alot of fun. I need to call you so we can talk more about that. That sounds like it will be alot of fun too. Emma and sounds just like Cara. They so need to be friends. So how much longer do you have until you graduate? Im sure you can't wait for that so life isn't so crazy. Well, I love ya and miss ya. Keep up all the good work.