Family

Family

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Move to Oregon (part 1)...

It has been such a busy year!! We made a huge life change and decided to try something new. We've always wanted to live here...someday. Well, after struggling to keep work for 2 years, we came to the conclusion that it was time to look elsewhere. Within 2 months of that discussion, we were on the road...


Goodbye my beloved home!!! I lived here for a total of 20 years, first with my Mom and brothers and then my husband and own children. It was so hard to say goodbye, but I knew we were being lead in a different direction. It was a tearful and bittersweet farewell...
Then we were on the road! Clint and I were like little kids the night before, we had planned to leave at about 4 am, but we couldn't sleep at all that night and ended up leaving at about midnight, it was a looooooooong drive on NO sleep. Took us about 12 hours (2 more than usual) because of the slower speed with the trailer and the many stops for the kids and to wake up. But, once we started into the pass and saw the beautiful GREEN surroundings, it was like a push of adrenaline and we zoomed the rest of the way. It was so welcoming!

Cara's cute birthday cake that Karen made! Care-bear for our Care-bear!
The BIG 6!
Cassie's home-made card for Cara...


 Kevin gets a surprise kiss from Rachel...
AND CLINT!!! MMMM-WAHHH!

 Cara's little frog-friend she found when we went on our country drive. She was a tad too excited, and may have squished on him a bit too much...we pretended he went to sleep and set him in his home- in the bushes... ;)
Karen and Kevin have a little sand pit in their backyard- the kids LOVE digging in it.


 And probably my favorite part of the summer here, besides the coast, the Calapooia River- it's perfect for cooling off and the first time we went was our last really good memory with Chopper... (Above: Miah in the river)
 Clint loves to have his picture taken...
Miss our dear Chopper SO MUCH.

Chopper braving the water- Whatta good boy.
 Always throwing rocks...
Pretty Cara....


Gorgeous.
 A day-camping trip. It's so frustrating, because pictures just don't do it justice. And THE SMELL! It's amazing...

 Pa's super sweet motor home...
 Wonderful Choppa-loppa.
And Mr. Giz
 Our short hike...
 I like this one because it gives some perspective on how tall and looming the trees are here. I'm sounding repetitive, but it's so amazing. Just love it.
Clinton by the widest tree we saw.

OK- and that does it for part one. It's picture overload... But, it's so great to be here and to be able to feel rejuvenated just by looking at the surroundings, there's many more pics to come.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ummm, I LOVE how green it is there! you lucky ducks. we do miss you here but I love hearing about your new home.

Willis Family said...

It looks so beautiful! I hope you guys are liking it there(it sounds like you are!). I hope everyone gets feeling better soon!

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Wow...it is so pretty there. I hope we can come up and see you one day then you come to Texas. That would be fun. Im so happy for your family. Keep up the blogging.

Anonymous said...

look like a great place. can't wait to see/hear part two!

teresa said...

oh how pretty! what a great place to live! i loved the pics!

Penny and the Gang said...

Andrea and Clint I am so happy for you! Hope you keep the blog updated so I can keep in touch, maybe take a road trip to come see you guys. Best wishes the Holiday season, tell clint Hello!