Family

Family

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Keep on trucking...

Things have been very busy lately, I know I say that all of the time, but since school has started back up, it seems like we never get a decent break. Last week I took Clinton down for his check-up and things are looking fine. The doc was very happy with his progress. The only bad part of that was that I had to miss class (again) for about the 4th time in 3 weeks- not good. The homework is starting to become consuming, to the point where it's always in the back of my mind, that happens every semester- I just hate it when it finally gets to that place in time. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to play some serious catch-up and be able to be homework-stress free for a couple of days. Yesterday was stressful, my poor gramps has had his heart out of rhythm for over a month and was just able to get it shocked back into rhythm yesterday. He was pretty worn down from not being able to get it fixed sooner and worried about the procedure, so I decided to venture up to the hospital for it. My gran was wanting to go with him, but wanted a back-up ride home just in case she got to feeling sick- so I decided it would help to have one extra body there to help with that as well. He did well! The procedure was so quick, I couldn't believe we left the hospital so fast. His color returned and almost immediately he gained some energy back. It was awesome to be there with him and to know that he would get feeling better. I love my gramps so much- he's been there for me, my mom and my bros. through countless issues in the past, and it was nice to be able to give some support back to him. Love ya grampie!
(Isn't he just unbelievably handsome??)
Yesterday was also my birthday, which Clint and I had previously celebrated this past weekend with dinner at Texas Roadhouse (YUM!) and a movie (Batman-Dark Knight-also awesome)- and he took me to pick out a fantastic new guitar, the one he bought for me on Ebay was crap (sorry babe)- no fault to him, we just didn't really know what to look for the first time. (And for anyone who maybe plans to buy a guitar in the future- heed this advice: Spend MORE than 40.00- it's worth it in the end ;)
But this new one is AWESOME! It's beautiful and sturdy and lovely- I'll be posting pics as soon as I can. But- such a cool b-day gift! Thanks babe! So- anyway, we celebrated my b-day early simply because I knew Tuesday would be crazy- Plus I added in the unexpected visit to my gramps in IF that morning, then zooming home to change-pick up Cara- and get to guard practice- then running back home to get Clinton off the bus, feed the kids, and running them over to Shellie's until Clint got home, and rushing to my night-class... I purt-near fell over by the end of my last class. It was a struggle just to keep my eyelids lifted through the last hour. Poor Clint had a big day too- since I had to leave so early to get to the hospital on time, He got the task of getting the kids up and ready and off to school/preschool. He helps me usually (if he's here), but he's never really had to do it all himself- PLUS- he had his first day of orientation for his new job, so he was pretty nerved up. He did great with the kids (and luckily Jodie did Cara's hair for her ;) Clint tried, though- he gets credit) - so all turned out well. He's really excited about his new job with Transystems. They are supposed to be an awesome company and getting some Benefits will be such a relief. ISU insurance is Way TOO much $ to insure Clint- so I will be very thankful to get benefits again. He's gonna be working from 4pm-4am. That I am VERY nervous about. But, hopefully he'll adjust well- he's already pretty backwards on his sleep schedule, so maybe it'll be easier than I think. That all starts in about a week and a half. Good luck to him.:)
SO, that's what's been going on...guard starts to get REAL crazy in Oct. so things will be hit and miss until I'm done with that...then it will be finals, and then the holidays...so the craziness is not likely to subside. Bear with me. ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhhh! i lost my breath just reading your post. good luck with everything and hang in there!

Unknown said...

ps happy belated bday

Penny and the Gang said...

Its so good to keep me up to date with you guys. Your blog is so good and I have been playing around with mine and havent got any where I am in desperate need of help. When you get a chance to stay home, call me and I will get someone to work for me and I will come over and you can show me, I will bring you lunch! I need help. Let me know when a good time is to call you and a training class :)) Your post looks great!
PENNY

teresa said...

Happy belated birthday girl! SOunds like life is busy right now! And I love the pic of your grandpa, adorable!

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry it was so late. I was going to tell you on your birthday but life gets in the way sometimes. We love ya and miss ya as always.

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

ps. how did you get your friends with their picture showing and how often the blog?