Family

Family

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Totally random ramblings...

So i had HUGE plans of accomplishments that were going to be made during Summer Break. I'm getting there, but it's already exhausting! And we've already been SO busy! I have a bij-illion pictures that I want to put up...that will have to come later. Last weekend we visited Grandpa in Boise, Clint and Brian hooked up his new hot tub and we all got to soak in celebration...delightful...
We ventured to Wal-mart while the guys were working and I found the perfect "big-boy" bike for Clinton. It had very sturdy training wheels. a low seat, and it was Orange- one of his favorite colors. I brought Clint back to check it out and we tried to get Clinton on the seat to try it out- well, long story short...it was a no-go. He screamed he didn't want a "big-boy bike" he wanted a HELMET!!!! What kid on Earth prefers a helmet to a new bike?!?!
Meanwhile...Cara's cruising up and down the aisles on a "Big-girl" bike that's almost TOO big for her. So She got the new bike and Clinton got his helmet. Shannon believes he will jump from tricycles to motorcycles...completely skipping bicycles altogether. I'm starting to wonder if he will ever desire a bike. Hmmm... guess we'll see.
The weekend before that Cara and I took a trip to Victor (where my mother is buried) for Memorial day. The boys went to the father/son campout, and we were on our own. It was awesome. (More on that when I get the pictures up...)
I finally finished The Host a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The more I thought about it the more I liked it. It was one of those things that makes me step outside the box and try something new... (with this it was sci-fi)...I never thought I'd read a sci-fi novel. Lucky it was Stephenie Meyer, otherwise I never would have. It gave an interesting perspective on humanity. I really liked it. I can't wait til my kids get old enough to read through BIG books with. I tell you, I'll be in seventh heaven. - Speaking of Stephenie M. I read for her Breaking Dawn Signing she's touring with Justin Furstenfeld from Blue October... HOLY BEEF!... Why can't I be rich??? That tour is MADE for me!!! He's even singing SOPHD and Into the Ocean. Good grief. - But the closest city is Seattle...(depression setting in).... Hopefully I'll be able to catch some Q&A online.
Sad. :(
On another depressing note- I've been trying to organize my desk and scrapbooking supplies for 2 days now. In one word... Overwhelming. I'm drudging through it-but good golly- it's taken a lot of time. I'll be so happy when it's over - I probably could have had it done in a couple of hours without my children around. I began to remember how difficult it is in summertime to accomplish anything. But, I'm trying and that's all that matters...right???
On the bright side- the Tahoe is finally fixed!!! (from Clint's little run-in with the fence... ARGH!!!) I took it in Monday and thought it would be in the shop all week. (Which was ok with me because I had an awesome rental - a brand new Chevy Malibu...I know... It doesn't sound that exciting, but it really was a sweet car. )- Anyway, they called me this morning and told me it was done! I was very excited to see it and it looks phenomenal! No longer will I have the anger rush every time I look at the back fender. It will be much better for my marriage I'm sure... wink-wink. ;)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Too funny that Cara got the bike and Clinty got a helmet, at least you made them both happy! :) Good luck with all your summer projects!

Shannon said...

It has been crazy. I am so glad that summer is here and that now I can come over and be outside with you and your kids. I just love being a part of such a wonderful family. You are such an amazing sis-in-law. I couldn't have asked for anybody better.