1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, for about 2 years.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Very excited, it almost felt kind of surreal- like someone was playing a trick on me.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? never.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 19
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? When I took a test. - Then I went over to Shellie's house where she literally made me drink almost a gallon of water so that I could take another test at her house, which was also very positive.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Clint and I found out together, then Shellie- and I can't remember who was next...
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Oh yes- I'm too much of a 'planner' Not to find out.
9. DUE DATE? November 29nd, 2001.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, I was teaching Kindergarten at the time and I remember throwing up in the garbage can in front of the kids a couple of times- poor things.- Poor me too! :)
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I always got my cravings AFTER I had my kids, with Clinton it was grilled cheese sandwiches for about 3 months! Every meal- I couldn't get enough of them- that and anything I could drench in soy sauce- I could have drank the stuff if it was socially acceptable... ;) (must've had a need for sodium, eh?)
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Feeling sick and tired and not being able to take care of things myself.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? boy
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No, I wanted a boy- but I thought I was having a girl. - So, I was very glad when I found out.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 27 lbs. in six months.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? I had a shower after he was born because he was so early- nobody had planned that far in advance. It was a great shower, but I remember being really nervous to be away from the hospital for so long.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I had Polyhydramnios (excess water- my body wasn't ridding itself of fluid)- so I gained weight REALLY fast and went from barely showing to full-term size in a matter of 2 months... I was sent to Ogden, UT where they did tests and drew some of the water out by amniocentesis (ouch...) and that put me into early labor. (PS-they were going to take him early anyway-because he was so sick, but they wanted an extra couple of days to get steroids in for his lungs- we didn't get that far though.)
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? McKay-Dee Hospital, Ogden ,UT.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? A total of 24 - I was contracting when we got to Utah and I thought they were just Braxton-hicks until they put me on the monitor and checked me. (Then drawing the excess fluid out made me progress much faster.)
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Clint
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Just Clint, we were a special room where they could operate and tend to the baby's CPR needs. So only he was allowed. ( I wouldn't have had anyone else anyway... ;)
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes, I had an epidural- it was all pretty (physically) painless.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 1 lb. 11 oz.
WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? On August 22, 2001. At 10:15 pm. (Three months/ 13 weeks early.)
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Clinton Ross Corrington
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? He will be 7 in August! :)
2 Days old...
About a year and a half...
Six years...
Rhino Horn Underground by Deven Greene-Thriller Book Review
-
[image: Rhino Horn Underground by Deven Greene Banner]
*RHINO HORN UNDERGROUND* by Deven Greene August 10 - September 4, 2026
Virtual Book Tour
Book Syno...
3 days ago

















3 comments:
awwww, your story is amazing - and I love that last picture, he is such a cute little guy tuning into a "little man!"
I love this survey, it's so sweet! Your kids are the cutest and I can't believe how fast they are growing up!
I haven't checked on you for a while, but I was just reading this post and I didn't realize that Clint was so early. I thought he was only about 8 weeks early. He is such a miracle!
Post a Comment