Family

Family

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hard at yard work...



We have been hard at work this year trying to get our yard back in shape. Every year we try to add one or two things to make it special and this year it's finally looking like something I've been imagining. I planted some Iris bulbs (probably my favorite flower) last fall and had no idea what they would look like when or if they came up- so this Spring I was thrilled when they made their appearance. They're beautiful- this one was my favorite of all of them.


My dad had this fountain in his backyard and I've loved it since the first time I saw it. When we went down for the hot tub wire he gave it to me- I was ecstatic! Clint cleared out the spot I wanted it in and installed it for me (again, I praise his handy-nature) and I love it. It was a hot day and not too pleasant outside to be working, so I really appreciate his work!


His other, bigger project was a fountain for our backyard. we used to have a fairly large pond in this area and after having to fix leaks, retrieve rocks that had been thrown by nameless individuals, cleaning, and a couple of Cara's swims- we decided we'd better take it out. I've missed having 'water' in the yard since then. It's so peaceful to listen to. So Clint took me to Home Depot and I picked out the size and style I wanted and he made this fountain himself- (for much, much less than buying one pre-made) - It's beautiful and sounds lovely and fits perfectly in that spot. I need to plant a few more flowers and plants around it, but I think we will really enjoy it. Thanks Hon!!!

Clinton watered everything in sight while we worked...
And Meatball was his usual adorable self as he flashed a smile at me after our work was finished. He seemed pleased... ;)

4 comments:

teresa said...

I want to sit in your yard and drink lemonade, it looks so pretty and peaceful! Nice work, and I love the fountain!

Nicole said...

Well you've certainly been busy! I love your flowers and the fountains are very cool. Isn't it nice to finally start seeing your hard yard work pay off?

Jeff Corrington said...

I love to see results from working in the yard. It may sound strange but working in the yard is therapy for me. I noticed the fountain next to your front door the other night. Running water can be so calming and it looks nice. Meatball looks so proud. What a handsome one.

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Iris flowers are my favorite too. I have been wanting to plant for years maybe it will get to it after all the painting my doing.