Family

Family

Monday, November 24, 2008

Update..

Ok- this weekend was AWESOME! After a long week of teaching preschool, finishing up the last of guard, and midterms (Ahhhh!) - I was rewarded! Friday, after I turned in my portfolio, I literally raced to get to the theatre for Twilight, Jodie met me there, and we took it in together. I really liked it- it was so great to see such a fun series turned into film. I enjoyed it so much, I'm taking the hubbs with me today to watch it again. :)



Then, Clint surprised me by taking the day off Saturday so he and the kids could come to the last game/show. Since I'm not sure if I'll do it again next year, it was possibly my last one ever and I was pretty bummed when he was scheduled to work. - But, he begged his boss and traded a favor so that he could come. It was so fun- not only did we just have an utterly goofy time together- but ISU won! It went into overtime and they snuck in a touchdown at the end- purely awesome. It was the perfect end to a rough season. I'm really going to miss seeing my friends from the team every week- 3 times a week, really - but it will be nice to have a little extra time to myself with the kids.





Sunday was great too- got ready for church (which went surprisingly well)- our home teachers came over afterward, and then we finished off the day with a thrown together dinner of BBQ lil' smokies, baked potatoes with broccoli, ham and cheese sauce (I know, we're creative, especially on Sundays)- then Clint watched Willow with Cara while Clinton slept and I read- which I've had NO time for the past couple of weeks, so it was really gratifying.

Like I said, a great weekend! Laid back, fun, goofy, happy and rewarding. I'm SO thankful Clint made the effort to get to the game- it really meant a lot to me and helped ease my frustration from missing my husband.

And here's a few other shots of random things happening in between all that I just mentioned-

After all of my planning for Cara's preschool kids this week, Cara's really taken to pretending to have school and teaching- she decided she was going to have her own preschool with her own animal students. She set them up at the table and proceeded to hand out homework and read books to them, her pig got a "tummy ache" and had to go lay down, pretty soon all of her students were "tired" so she carried them to bed. What an awesome teacher!





Clinton getting a BIG lift from dad and loving every second of it! Laughter was widespread through the house with that one- Clinty's laugh is very infectious ;)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

ISU won...wow! ;) Sounds like you had a great weekend and good job Clint for getting the day off to come and watch your last game.

teresa said...

What a fun week! And you are just so pretty!

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Sounds like you had so much fun. AHHH.....memories. You have a great family.
p.s. I'm reading the book!!!