I met with my academic advisor today, or who will be my advisor- I should say. Anyway, he filled me in on the details of the Special ED program- and I'm nothing short of overwhelmed. The courses are a lot more academic looking than I expected. But really, it's the time frame that makes me cringe. 2011. - EARLIEST graduation. Holy turd. I think I really started to realize how difficult it is to go to school with kids at home. Sure, If I could jump in head first into a full-time school schedule, then I could make it through-fairly quickly. But, when he started talking about the 12-18 credits I'd have to take in the Fall, I realized- there's no way. Not with Cara at home and Clinton just starting out in school. He is really going to need my help this year- we have lots of work to do to help get him caught up. At least to the point of being able to stay in the regular classroom. And he IS my first priority- I know as long as I'm putting my family first, I'm doing the right thing. And not only that- it will be Cara's last year at home before entering Kindergarten. SAD :( My baby is getting older and I want every shred of time I can get with her before she goes. But, it does get discouraging when I see others that are whizzing through their classes- with flying colors- and I'm barely able to keep up part-time. I feel like I've been in school forever, and after hearing what I heard today, I'll continue to be there -forever. I guess better late than never, eh? On the brighter side, I'm very excited to enter into Special Ed. I think it suits me much better, I can't think of a down side (other than school and the bills that come with it)- to that career. I feel like I'll be much more beneficial to human kind, and that's all I really want. I job that I KNOW helps others- changing lives- that's the only kind of work I could leave home for. Plus, it will prepare me to advocate for Clinton in the years to come. I know I will have battle with the school district (we've already had a couple)- so I will be much more educated in the laws and options we have for the future. I'm very excited, but very nervous for the years of hard-work to come.
PS- I suppose all of the spring flowers and sunny weather has prompted me to change up the page- I just can't get enough of bright colors lately!
SOTD- Still jammin to the new downloads of Paramore. I'm liking it more and more each day. ;)
Rhino Horn Underground by Deven Greene-Thriller Book Review
-
[image: Rhino Horn Underground by Deven Greene Banner]
*RHINO HORN UNDERGROUND* by Deven Greene August 10 - September 4, 2026
Virtual Book Tour
Book Syno...
3 days ago

















1 comment:
I think it's great that you're putting your kids first. In a way I feel like I gyped myself out of the first two years of Jayda's life because I was so busy finishing school and establishing my career. Being there for your kids is a choice I know you won't regret.
Post a Comment