Family

Family

Monday, May 5, 2008

Procrastination and changes...

There's so much I SHOULD be doing today, but I cannot pull myself away from the beautiful weather outside!! It's been such a long winter and now I feel like I won't accomplish a darn thing because I want to be OUT in the sun. Not that I accomplished that much before, but I know it will only get worse. Oh well, I may as well enjoy my procrastination while I'm blowing everything else off, right?
So- it's my last week of school for the semester and I am THRILLED. There's been a lot of time and thought that's gone into school for me lately, and I think I've finally decided to change my major. I'm kind of afraid, but I've had that little nagging voice in the back of my head that says "this isn't what you're meant to do" for awhile now, and I'm finally beginning to listen. Although, I'm not sure how much this will prolong my years of education, I'm wanting to get my special ed. degree. I think it's something that suits me better, I love nursing and anything in the medical field really intrigues me, but I feel more at ease with this decision. I know I want to work with kids- definitely. And the kind of nursing I would want to do (Picu) is not very prevalent here. Now that Clinton has entered the school district, I've seen all of the challenges that can be presented to a parent with a developmentally disabled child, and I think- not only will I be able to work with kids, have insurance, summer's off, ect... - I will also be a much more educated advocate for him. And more than anything, I want an education that will work to benefit my family- more than just financially. It is scary to change your plans after years OF planning, but I also feel an ease within me. Hopefully, it's the right choice. ;)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm procrastinating too, (I have 3 finals this week and what am I doing..reading blogs!!) Good luck with the major change(ha). I changed mine last year, and I'm soo glad I did, it's a much better fit. :) You'll do great!

Unknown said...

it's always good to make a choice that feels right, even if it's hard. good luck!