
I LOVE Mother's day! Not just because I'm a mother and I get pampered ALL day long (which is awesome, and I have to say that my husband REALLY knows what he's doing when it comes to holidays/gifts/pampering-and making me feel like the luckiest most-loved lady in the world! Thanks hon!) - but because I feel there isn't enough attention given to this day. For all of the days that mothers are 'giving' all day long, until their bones feel like they are literally melting from exhaustion, they get this ONE day of appreciation. When (husbands) and children take a step back and think of all of the sacrifices and efforts thier mothers have given. I loved trying to think of gifts for my mom, and remember thinking at one point, there was NO gift good enough. There's no way I could ever find any THING that could prove my appreciation. But- that's it. I think that's all a mom can really ask for- a little appreciation now and again. And yes, we would keep being moms even if we didn't get the appreciation (heaven knows, that happens much more frequently then not) - but it's those little hugs and kisses and 'thank you's ' that make the job even more worthwhile.
It is the most selfless, rewarding, patience-testing, miracle-witnessing, awe-inspiring job ever designed. I can think of no better way to test the human spirit- I am so blessed to have my kids...they make me smile more than anything else. I'm so thankful I have to opportunity to be their mom. ;)
A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's.-- Princess Diana (1961-1997)
Rhino Horn Underground by Deven Greene-Thriller Book Review
-
[image: Rhino Horn Underground by Deven Greene Banner]
*RHINO HORN UNDERGROUND* by Deven Greene August 10 - September 4, 2026
Virtual Book Tour
Book Syno...
3 days ago

















2 comments:
I hope you had a great Mother's day! Being a mom IS great! :)
Amen! Being a mom is so hard and so awesome at the same time. Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment