For Memorial day weekend Clint and Clinton got to go to the Father/son camp out for the ward. Cannon and Colton went too and the guys just hung out, ate great food and soaked up the outdoors. Meanwhile, I was busy planning the perfect girls outing with Cara. She and I got a lot of time together this past year (while Clinton was at school) and she's always been very easy to just 'take off' somewhere with. SO- Since I haven't been to Victor (where my mom is buried) since August of 2007, I decided to pack and load up some flowers to decorate her headstone and the many others that are buried up there with her and take off for a grgeous summer drive.
The night before we had our simple girls night out. We went to Perkins for dinner (Cara's only request was Strawberries- so I figured she would be pleased there) we had a delicious meal and then picked out a slice of pie for snacking during our movie later on, Yum.
The next morning we loaded up the flowers, got a tank full of gas and set off on our adventure. Victor is about 2-2 1/2 hours away, and once North of Idaho Falls it becomes very scenic and beautiful. We couldn't have chosen a better day for weather, the sun was shining- there was a slight breeze, and there were a few rainclouds chasing us to water the flowers we would leave behind.
When we finally got there, Cara stepped out of the car and marveled at how "amazing" it was. There were wind spinners, American flags, and flowers everywhere and she was having a hay-day placing the windblown flowers back on the headstones where they belonged.

She then helped me arrange the flowers just right for "Gramma Joan"
She was so particular about the flowers in fact, she took the ones that I had reserved for various aunts, uncles, grandparents, ect... and placed them carefully behind Gramma Joan's. I showed her how my name and Doug and Derrick's were engraved on the back. She put 3 geraniums on the ridge below them and said, " this one's for you, this one's for Doug and this one's for Derrick." It was so sweet- how could I argue. ;)
The night before we had our simple girls night out. We went to Perkins for dinner (Cara's only request was Strawberries- so I figured she would be pleased there) we had a delicious meal and then picked out a slice of pie for snacking during our movie later on, Yum.
The next morning we loaded up the flowers, got a tank full of gas and set off on our adventure. Victor is about 2-2 1/2 hours away, and once North of Idaho Falls it becomes very scenic and beautiful. We couldn't have chosen a better day for weather, the sun was shining- there was a slight breeze, and there were a few rainclouds chasing us to water the flowers we would leave behind.
When we finally got there, Cara stepped out of the car and marveled at how "amazing" it was. There were wind spinners, American flags, and flowers everywhere and she was having a hay-day placing the windblown flowers back on the headstones where they belonged.
It's very peaceful there. The mountains surround the area and there's a creek that runs behind the trees, and a horse pasture to the side. Here are some other shots from either side of the cemetery.

















1 comment:
Oh my gosh, what a sweet day with your little girl. You about had me in tears. I love hanging out with my daughter, there is something so great about that girl bonding!
Post a Comment