Family

Family

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Always behind...

SO- I was babysitting my darling little niece yesterday and marveling at how she and my daughter get SO lost in their own little worlds. I literally handed them some old 'onesies' and baby jammies to dress their dolls in...and they were SILENT for almost 3 hours!!! I couldn't believe it! It made me think about how caught up in life I can get. All day long I was stressing about everything I could possibly conjure up in my mind. The always - imperfect- state of my house, the term paper and summaries I have due next week,- and the upcoming comprehensive final, - how I really NEED to spend more time working with Clinton on homework and reading, the growing weeds in my yard (already!) - bills, what's for dinner, I need to go to the store, call my grandma, find Cara's shoes, feed the fish- AHHH! Why does life always seem so complicated? Then I realized, it's the way I'M perceiving life that makes it complicated. Sure, all of those things need to be done- and will always need to be done. But- I overload myself into becoming so overwhelmed, I feel like shutting down and then I don't accomplish much except for worrying. I was talking to Clint about this last night and he told me to not "worry about it so much"- simple enough. How do guys always think so 'one-dimensional'? Initially, I thought- "Yeah right..I'll just NOT worry". But really...- I think he's right. I NEED to NOT worry and I NEED to put that and ONLY THAT at the top of my list. Maybe then, everything else will just fall into place and I won't have to suffer a heart attack at the tender age of 27. Brilliant, isn't he? I tell you- it's those little epiphanies that give me the strength to make it through the bad days. - Thanks Hon. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok seriously, you just described my life. I walk around the house saying, "if i never worried nothing would ever get done around here" but at the same time I know I worry too much. sigh. don't you love husbands that can bring us back to earth?

teresa said...

It's like you took the thoughts right out of my brain! I am the exact same way too! And I stress about some of the most pointless things! Sometimes I'll just force myself to read a book or surf the net in the midst of the chaos just to prove to myself that if I don't attend to my endless chores that minute, the world will still turn!

Karianne said...

Thanks so much for the invite! Your kids are so cute. I know what you mean about the run-around. There is always something (more like 40 somethings)that need done.