Family

Family

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Misc Ramblings...













This weekend Cara and I decided we needed some 'girl' time and that we were going to indulge our whims with HAIRCUTS! There's something about a new 'do' that is so refreshing! I haven't really cut my hair for a long time- actually I think it's been a year or two...wow. SO- needless to say this feels great. I LOVE Cara's cut. She's so gorgeous- I could butch her hair on all sides and she'd still be the perfect picture of beauty. She loves it too- definitely one of those girls that will thrive on changing her hair. Such a girly girl.


It's so great to have a daughter to experience all of those wonderful "girly' things with. I never thought I'd have daughters, I thought I'd be one of those women destined to have 5 boys,- trucks and baseball bats all over the house. And I didn't mind that, I actually worried more about having a girl than all of the boys, drama and all... - But it's so GREAT! Totally different than I ever imagined. My mom used to always tell me, "It's different with your daughter, you understand things better." And it rings SO true. Not only that but she is the perfect fit for a sister for Clinton (very patient and loving)- and also the perfect stubborn match for her father. ;)(Their spats are Hilll-arious to witness!) I feel like I often speak of Clinton and his miraculous life and nature- but I'm awed by Cara and the lively spirit she brings into our home. She is essential for our family. I'm so so so grateful I got a daughter- not just any daughter, but HER. She's such a Peach! ;)


Ok- so another thing I've been wanting to do- is an idea I've stolen from Stephenie Meyer. (Author of Twilight Series)- She made playlists of songs she would listen to or that were inspiring for that time period (or book she was writing) in her life. SO- I want to do something similar. Those who know me know what a HUGE HUGE HUGE lover of music I am- (the hubs says I should be an IPOD salesman...) so I want to start listing a song/songs that I am into at that current period in time. I have so many favorites-but I want to name the ones that stand out in my mind the most - That Day. I'll stick them in at the end of each posting and encourage you all to do the same. It will be fun to look back and remember what music was influencing me at that time. ;) Oh- and another thing I wanted to do- something I'm stealing from Kristine this time..(sorry Kris- hope you don't mind!) - Is to keep a running list of all the crazy things my kids say. I read through yours Kris- and it is Hilll-arious! I loved it! I always try to make mental note to write down things that they've said that make me laugh- and I never get it done. This way will be much easier for me. OK- that's it- I'll stop rambling...


Song of the day (SOTD)- there's a couple... my current fave is "Only One" by Yellowcard. Love it! I also love "Ocean Ave." by the same band- but I like both of them better acoustic. I have a thing for live /acoustic versions. For those of you with Itunes- check out the Sessions@AOL-EP versions of Yellow Card. On that set there's a song (that I didn't like at all until they put out an acoustic v. of it)- It's called "View From Heaven"- I like the words, and the feel of the music when its cut down and simplified, also by- Yellowcard.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

k, i'm gonna have to try your music thing. what's that song about heaven coming down again?

Unknown said...

p.s. love the haircuts. Cara is so cute!

teresa said...

You and your daughter are so GORGEOUS! I feel the same way about having a daughter, there's just something about those girls. I love the idea with the music, I'll have to give it a try, if I can figure it out! Loving the blog and the pics!

Nicole said...

Love the new hair, you and Cara look beautiful! That's funny that Clint says you should sell iPods. I love music too and I like your music list idea. :)

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Love the new due. Katy