Family

Family

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Only time will tell...

We were really hoping this whole "blood in the urine" thing was over and done with, but apparently it isn't that easy. Through the week I've continued to see spots, he's told me at random times that his "pee-pee was red at school." But I thought it was just trying to heal and we would see it eventually teeter out. No such luck. Yesterday was as bad as the first morning. We went back into the docs and they decided it was more than just a bruise- they think he has a torn ureter. How that gets better...I don't know. And wouldn't it be prone to infection if it's 'down there'? All good questions for the docs I'm sure. Anyway, we have to "wait and see" if anything happens over the weekend. If it doesn't get better they want to catheterize him. (NOT fun.) Just to make sure it's NOT coming from the bladder or kidney. But I'm afraid that would only injure him more. This morning it was worse than EVER. I'm not sure that the docs understand how bad it is. Of course every time we go to give a sample it looks clean. Then we come home and the clots and blood appear again. I don't know-we're kind of at a stand still. We keep waiting for it to get better, but it's not...so then do we cath him (and take the chance of tearing it more?) - Or do we continue to wait?
The joys of parenthood.
But- on the bright side, Clinton continues to BE Clinton. He doesn't seem to have any pain. Our biggest hurdle is getting him INTO the doctor. The kid has developed a serious case of "doctor anxiety" since his surgery last fall. I'm just hoping that fear won't be magnified by a blood draw and a catheter. Only time will tell...that seems to be one of Clinton's biggest themes. ;)
Well, last might I got to go scrapbooking with my sis-in-law Shannon. SO fun! I haven't been in such a long time... it was awesome to get SO much done!! The only bad part is I get in there and gain about 100 new ideas- that doesn't help with "getting caught up" at all. But it was great none-the-less. I'm hoping I can finish my project this weekend- that's a pretty ambitious goal, but again- Only time will tell. ;)

SOTD- I have a couple of new ones that I've been trying out. Derrick told me about a Stone Sour song called ZZyzxx road (sp?) It's a lot calmer than I thought it would be coming from those guys. It has some pretty good guitaring goin on too. But- in all reality I'm still in my Linkin Park/Blue October phase. - Clean versions of course. B.O. has one that I'm diggin on- It's called "A Quiet Mind"- liking that. And just about anything from LP is great, as long as the screaming is kept to a minimum. - Not a huge fan of screaming- but I do LOVE their overall sound. I just downloaded "Faint" and "With you"-(the Reanimation Remix) so those 2 are on the top 10 most played on the Ipod. ;)

1 comment:

teresa said...

Ah man, what a stressful situation. But it sounds like Clinton is being a trooper! I'll keep you in my prayers.