Family

Family

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another ambition...

Photobucket
I've begun yet another ambition. And while I whole-heartedly believe that I have waaaaaaaay too many ambitions for any one singular person- I always want to at least try to begin things and work on them whenever I get the chance. I figure it's better than putting them off until I 'have time' to accomplish them because I have learned that I will NEVER have time to just pick something up and accomplish it. That said- I finally decided to pick up a guitar and learn how to play. I've wanted to play the guitar for as long as I can remember. I've nagged at Derrick to teach me for years and he's finally succumbed. He came over unexpectedly a couple of weekends ago and we began (completely informal) lessons. There was only one catch...I was playing on Clinton's child-size 'Discovery Toys' guitar. It was fine at first, as long as I was sitting a certain way. But after about a half an hour my hand started falling asleep and my wrist was aching. It kept falling out of tune so we'd have to stop what we were doing and re-tune it. I was silently becoming very frustrated and Clint must've caught on to it, either that or he thought I looked ridiculous playing a six-year-old's guitar, because he ordered me one- (for an adult)- isn't he just a peach? It's perfect to learn on and waaay more comfortable. I love it. I haven't gotten pictures yet (partially because I have SOOOO many pictures to blog- I swear if I take any more my head WILL explode)- so as soon as I take some I'll get them up. I have more to write about as well, but I want to wait for the pictures. I'm so excited about it though- wish me luck! ;)

2 comments:

Jeff Corrington said...

So will you be learning any country music? Oh I forgot...you don't like country music :) I'm sure it would be easier for you to learn if you would just learn a country song or two! Okay, okay...just learn and have fun...rock on Andrea.

Nicole said...

Sweet! I can't wait for a video post showcasing your playing! :)