Family

Family

Monday, July 14, 2008

BABY MADDY!!!!!

Doug and Shannon have been waiting for months to sign the papers to adopt their new baby daughter, Maddy Jane. She was born July 5, 2008 and they traveled down to California to get her. They had to wait about a week for all of the paperwork to clear to bring her home but they're back!
I finally got to meet my new niece! I've been dying in anticipation to see her sweet little face! Derrick, Jeff, Anita and I waited up and went to visit as soon as they got home (about 1am Sunday morning). I know- it sounds like we were barging in but really- they wanted us to come. Shan's family came too, it was so fun to see them again and to get to meet Maddy. I had a hard time putting her down! Here's some pics from that night...
I don't think I can describe how excited I was to see her. She is such an angel.
A picture of the clock- to prove how crazy our family is.... we were just too excited to wait until morning. It was more fun that way, I think. The anticipation was built more by trying to stay awake... ;)
Cali kissin her sissy!
Scott holding his grandaughter for the first time...
Proud grandparents!

Shan checking out the surprises left for them...
Anita gets a turn... she Looooooves babies!
Jeff's turn! It was so cool to watch Maddy with Jeff- she settled right down and stared at him... Her eyes were wide open and she was mesmerized from the first second he talked to her. Very cute.
Shannon's glowing! She definately has that 'new mommy' glow. It's so fun to see them both sooooo happy!
Sweet little family! I will never forget that night- there was such a strong, sweet spirit there. Everyone was so happy... there's no other way to describe it- happiness was thick in the air!
The next morning, we woke the kids up and told them baby Maddy was home- they were beyond excited. Cara was out of the car and inside, holding the baby before I even got into the house. She's so excited for her baby cousin. She kept saying, "baby Maddy is too cute."
Kisses cousin!
Clinton originally thought Maddy was going to be his "new sister"- we had to explain she was staying at Doug and Shan's house.
Clint couldn't believe how cute she was - Cara wouldn't stay away from her for more than a few minutes. She kept marveling at her "little hands and feet"
She's such a sweet spirit. Clint held her for a long time after that and almost fell asleep with her! I can't get over what a doll she is. She's a wonderful addition to the family, I can't wait to watch her grow up!

5 comments:

Jeff Corrington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hey! Tell her I'm really excited for her and congratulations -- it always makes me happy to see that there can be happy endings for adoptive parents thru LDS adoption

Nicole said...

I'm so jealous! Who knows when I will finally hold her. She is the cutest, and a perfect addition to the family!

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

So sweet. I love little babies. I sure they are soooo happy. Congrats!!

teresa said...

What an angel! Congratulations to the new parents!