Family

Family

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Playing catch up...

OK- like I said, there's been so much going on the past few weeks. I'm gonna try my best to get things done, but honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to remember back that far! I'm warning you... it will be very random for a few days... ;)
Meatball has fully recovered from his Parvo bug. He had it pretty bad and needed to go in a couple of times for fluids and meds. Poor thing. The other scary issue was the vet bill, luckily it wasn't too bad, but Clint's been pretty slow at work (Cannon just doesn't have anything going right now) so we are officially way behind in bills. He's applied for a couple of jobs at the site and around town, so we are hoping to hear back from them. Say your prayers for us- it would be such a blessing to get the job at the site. We're keeping our fingers crossed. SO- between the worry of meatball, jobs, and just being driven crazy by the kids- my aunt Paula could sense my stress level was way too high! She offered me a little vacation away from it all for a few days, and I couldn't resist! Who would?! She had to take her daughter, Kaitlin, to meet up with her other two kids, Brennan and Aubrey, in St.George. Photobucket
She pampered and spoiled me the whole way! I haven't left the kids for a couple of years, so it was a welcomed break...but I'm sad to say I have NO pictures of the whole trip. My family is pretty terrible about having their pictures taken and since she was nice enough to sponsor me a vacation... I figured I could live without flashing the camera. ;) It was sooo fun, though. We went shopping like crazy- ate out (Ruby Tuesday's- Holy crap- that stuff is TASTY!) went to the movies and hung out with the family. I had an afternoon by the pool, lots of outlet mall and antique store shopping- it was just plain awesome. And the best part is I was able to connect with my family again- It's been a long time since we've been able to hang out together and it was amazing to spend 3 days with them and soak it all in. I'm so blessed! Thanks Paula!! Love ya!

1 comment:

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

I'm so happy you got a vacation. I LOVE St. George!!!! Lacy's hubby (Tony)...his mom lives on that ridge you are standing on. Maybe the one next to you that you can't see in the picture. The ridge right in between the temple and the mall. Beautiful place. Love ya tons. KT