Family

Family

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camping and Hiking...

We left for our camping trip on the evening of the 17th, up to Big Springs. It was pretty crowded for the weekend (the campground was booked full) but we were lucky enough to find a nice spot just downhill from there. We took the 4-wheeler and the buggy and got to go see a lot more of the campground than before. Here are some pics of the trip.



Ahhhh... dirty kids......yay.





We had to take Meaters with us because he was still taking his meds- here he is looking pretty sick and worn out still...poor thing :(






The guys took all of the kids fishing one evening and let us have some peace and quiet time to ourselves. They caught a couple of fish and the kids were stoked! I still can't believe they took ALL of the kids with them- it was fantastic!



Our convoy...


Jodie and I went on a HUGE hike the last day and it totally kicked our butts. Supposedly, there's a lake somewhere back in there, but we certainly never found it- we kept thinking, " Maybe it's just around this bend...no...well, maybe it's just up here." No such luck, though- we went quite a ways- but were in a rush to get back home. We plan to take it on next year- hopefully I'll be in a little better shape next time too. ;)
Here's some of the view from our hike- we got WAY up top of the hill and then forgot to take a picture- I was SO mad that we didn't get one to show our accomplishment. :(




And here's a cute vid of Cara PIGGING OUT on her chips- and I wonder how our camping chairs get so dirty?!?

All in all it was a great, relaxing trip for us- I'm so grateful to C & J for all they helped us with. We really needed a quiet getaway and it lifted our spirits to be out in nature and away from everyday stress. It was lovely and I really felt relaxed afterward- that's the best kind of vacation. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOVE the picture of the filthy kids. it's hilarious. it looks like tons of fun - and gorgeous there, too. i bet you're all camped out, huh :-)

Jeff Corrington said...

It looks like you had so much fun...I too love the pictures of the dirty little faces :) Cadie looks like she is ready to go to a Highland football game...you know...the ratted hair...Meatball looks like I usually feel when camping...tired. We are so lucky to live near such beautiful places. I'm glad you all got to go and enjoy.

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

Can't stop laughing at Cara pigging out. GO GIRL!!! Eat those chips.
"GET IN MY BELLY!!!"