
I've been meaning to get this up for awhile (sorry to those that asked me for pics so long ago. ;) But I've finally got a few.
This is my second year with ISU- but my first year as one of the captains. There are 3 of us- one for flag (Sandra), one for dance (Shayla), and one for rifle (me).
It's been fun- the beginning of the year was stressful- trying to get everything choreographed and ready for the shows. I get frustrated at the first of the season- because of the "all work-very little play" motto- But, now that the season is in full swing- it's been really great and all of the hard work has paid off. I have a couple of pics from this year, and hopefully will have more to come. Homecoming is this weekend, and although my wrist isn't 100%, I'm so excited for the game. This is the last one Clint will be able to make it to, so I'm stoked to have him there. It's just not as fun unless he and the kids are there.
Here's parade practice from early in the year. I'm on the far left of this picture- but now there will be four rifles in front and four flags behind.
-After one of the Saturday games. KayLynn, my instructor that I absolutely LOVE is in front. She brings such a perfectly balanced work ethic to the team- We work REAL hard, but have lots of fun- and laugh, endless laughing some days. I couldn't have picked a better person to work with. Love ya KayLynn!
Goofing last Saturday with Angela... (we were having a "can you move this" part of your face competition, I beat her in eyebrows. ;)
Angela is my bud from last year's rifles. She isn't in guard this year and since I had to sit out last Saturday for the invitational, she hung out with me all day. We had so much fun. If I could change anything about guard this year- it would be to have her back in- no doubt. Miss ya, Ang!
I realize there aren't many 'action shots' so far, and that's because the only time Clint was able to be at a game, so far-this year, he had both kids with him and couldn't cross the field to take pictures. :(
I've been wanting to get these up, though. They are from last year- and since I wasn't blogging at that time I wanted to put these up for publishing:
From left to right: Myself, Lynae, Amanda, and Shayla.
I realize this picture looks as though we are terribly OFF- but we were all in a sort of ripple at that point- SO- needless to say, it worked in the show, but not well for a still picture. ;)
After catching our "big tosses" from the picture above.
I remember the fear I had when I was contemplating try-outs for ISU last year. I was so nervous to get in with these younger girls and try to keep up with them. But I couldn't be more thankful I did. It was a big step outside of my comfortable little box, and it's rewarded me by getting more involved in ISU activities, new experiences, and friendships. Not to mention, buff-ing up my arms again. ;) I'm so happy to have gotten to know these girls and to gain some sense of self and confidence that I had lost. GO Bengals!

















4 comments:
I'm so glad you posted some pictures, it looks like you are having so much fun. Good luck with the rest of your season!
Is there anyway you can post a video of you tossing the riffle? That would be really cool. I'm so happy for you that you are able to be on the team.
How fun, I love that you still get to do stuff like that!
k, you posted TONS in just a few days -- I don't think I can comment on it all except saying that your kids are adorable, you're too buys, and I love trying to figure out which person is you at halftime of fb games.
Post a Comment