Family

Family

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sleep Deprived...

Sleep time... Pictures, Images and Photos

This past weekend ended up being WAY fun- the parade went well, for me at least- not too great for the 2 kids that got-sort of- ran over. Yeah, I bet it sucked for them. ISU lost the game-(surprise! ;) - but pre-game and half-time was so much fun. All of my practice payed off- and that was a nice reward. ;) Sunday was slow and nice. Clinton cracked up at Cara during Sacrament and couldn't quit laughing. Just when he'd get himself under control, he'd laugh his little 'I'm laughing, but you can barely hear it, because I'm near hysterical' laugh. And then Clint and I would inevitably join in. No matter how hard I tried to compose myself and make the 'Ok- it's time to stop now, it's not funny anymore' face- I'd lose it all over again, tears were streaming down my face, I couldn't look at Clint because he was just as bad as I was. Needless to say, it was a giggly Sacrament for everyone. We're so lucky to have a ward that loves Clinton so much- Every time I'd look around others were hunched over in their seats cracking up at his giggles. That was the most fun I've had in Sacrament meeting for a long time. :)
So- with all of the Homecoming obligations and the shenanigans on Sunday, I put my homework off until Monday night- about 9:30pm. I know, I know, I'm very responsible. I was pretty tired, but there was no way I'd have time before my class on Tuesday to get it done, So I sucked it up, consumed a little caffeine, and wrote my paper. I finished around midnight or so- feeling quite proud of my work, and placed my paper in my folder for the next day. Then, I caught sight of my newly revised syllabus/schedule for that class and realized the assignment was pushed back an extra week. Crap. Well, not totally- because now I don't have to write this week, but still. I was pretty ticked. Why can't that ever happen when I want it to?? Well, from then on- the night just got crazier and worse...
I went to bed, tried to get right to sleep because of my early morning that was fast approaching, and of course, couldn't. I'd long passed that precious window of 'sleepy' time. So, I read- which usually puts me to sleep late at night, but it was no good. I tried everything... Listening to music, eating cereal, walking around, reading my book, reading scriptures (which, I'm sorry to say- almost ALWAYS make me sleepy)- nothing worked! Then, 2:00 rolled around and I got real silly. I laid in bed and cracked up at myself as I imagined scaring the crap out of Clint as he walked in from work- so I jumped up, hid behind the front door and waited for him. I waited there for about five minutes, snickering to myself before he came in. It worked though, and it was HILLL-ARIOUS! I asked him if he pooped his pants at all, he said 'no' but I made his arm go numb and his face was priceless! I giggled and cracked up at the memory of this for the next 45 minutes or so... then went back to staring at a black ceiling. Longer story short, I was up until sometime after 4am. Yep. It sucked. But, on the bright side, I haven't had that much fun by myself...well, probably ever. It's been a long time since I had the giggles that bad. Tuesday stunk, though. The kids ran me over yesterday- but that's ok. I was half-zombied anyway. I'm finally feeling somewhat caught up today. I've learned my lesson though- NO caffeine after 5pm. EVER. I'm sure Clint's hoping I stick to that rule, also. ;)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

You are so funny. Glad you had a good time by youself. :)

teresa said...

Your blog made ME giggle! I have those crazy late night laughfests too. It drives Glenn crazy, but I can usually get him laughing.

Jeff Corrington said...

Scare Clint every chance you get! That's funny! I love delirium and hysteria...all out laughs are the best.

K Lind said...

You're so funny! You made my day. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to scare the crap out of my husband! ;o)

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

I scared Garrett in the shower one time. PRICELESS!!!! I was out doing things and when I came home was taking a shower. SO... of course I had to scare him in the shower. Scaring someone while they are naked makes it even more fun. I got him GOOD. He did get me back though.
I remember when you get the giggles... WATCH OUT!!!! HAAA-HAAA.