Family

Family

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Winter woes...

Ahhh... it seems winter is truly here. Here's what we woke up to yesterday morning... sigh...


Yeah... you thought that was shocking, here's what we got this morning...



The saddest part is Clint's snowed in somewhere in Burley. I haven't seen him since before I left to Holt Saturday morning. He just started his driving job for Transystems on Thursday (his shift is 3pm-3am) So, he's really gotten thrown into it all. Hopefully he'll be home sometime tonight. Clinton and Cara have had a hard time adjusting to him being gone. We were all so used to having him around all of the time. :(

On the bright side, Clinton has at least found an ideal place to get warm. He loves to sit on the heater before school and soak up all the warmth he can...


It's been quite awhile since I've caught up on pictures and everything we've been up to. So here's a quick run down:

1. A few weeks ago Clint decided to finally put up new can lights in the living room. We have needed these SO badly- our house was always so dark. And since he's learned so much from working with Cannon (making him even more handy- IF that's possible) He wanted to try it himself. We went to Home Depot and got all of the stuff, he started, and then Cannon dropped by, so he didn't have to do it alone after all- It was a messy process, but thankfully, a quick process also. They got it done in about 4 hours.


Clint had to climb up in our yucky-insulation-filled attic to finish up. It was roasting hot up there and really dirty... poor guy :(
Eehhh...
All worth it! It's so beautiful! I L-O-V-E IT!
Just to prove how absolutely behind I am at blogging... Here's a pic of me and Cara on our first days of school. Isn't she so cute??? Seriously...
Clint finally got the race car he spent countless hours building back from his sponsor... he and Clinton were ecstatic about it and spent countless hours staring at it- really, just staring... ;)
Opening parts for the race car together, bound by a love of "racey-car parts" as Clinton calls them.
More grinning and Ooogling over the car- this time with Brian too...
A couple weeks ago we got the HUGE pleasure of watching Ms. baby Maddy while Shannon went out. There was NO lack in entertainment for her. She was completely overtaken with these two fighting over who would get her Binky, who could help feed her, who could give her their blanket, ect.. Clinton woke up the next morning and threw A HUGE fit when he realized she hadn't spent the night. Since then, he keeps telling me, "Mom, you need to get a baby in your belly." :)



And finally, Cara has started up in her gymnastics/dance class. She and Cadie take it together and they both really seem to like it. Here's some pics and video of her last week:


Here's Ra on the balance beam- and doing her favorite, Somersaults.


So, as you can see - we've kept busy, as usual. I have some pictures from the competition at Holt (Saturday) that I'm waiting to get by email. I will post them all with a quick run-down on guard happenings soon, hopefully. Homecoming Parade is next weekend- and I'm so glad Clint will be home to take the kids. Last year we were snowed out and couldn't do the parade, so- I'm hoping we'll actually be able to do it this year. I don't know if they're more excited to get to see me and the band- or if it's the candy. Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sunshine. ;)

3 comments:

teresa said...

So much going on right now! Bummer about the snow, hopefully it was a false alarm and you'll get some more warm weather. I love the pictures, your kids are so cute!

Katy Schepis Edmondson said...

AAAHHHHH Andrea!!! I miss you guys so much. I want our kids to play together and so we can hang out more. I love all the pictures. Sounds like you guys are doing good. How is Clinty? I love the picture of you and Cara. I need to get better at blogging again. I've been sick. Passed another stone. Ouch..

Shannon said...

So cute! I love the video with Maddy. They are so cute with her! Cara looks like a natural out there doing gymnastics!